Thursday, April 29, 2010

selfish prayer.

It came to my attention that when my family and I sit at the dinner table, we pray. However, if we are more relaxed and sit on the couch, we don't pray. Why is this? Shouldn't God be apart of our formal and informal lives; we shouldn't plan a time for God, we should talk to him throughout our day.

I would really hate it if the only time my family and friends talked to me is when they would need a haircut. It would make me feel used and eventually, I would become angry. Do you think it is the same way with God? Do we only talk to him when we need something or feel as if it is the right time and place to talk to him? Praying to God should be a privilege and we should yearn to do it, as Christians we should feel so blessed to know that we have a powerful God that CAN hear us continuously.
I am almost embarrassed to think that I have given up so much time for worldly wants rather than spending a little time with God. It is so selfish of me to pray when a situation comes up that I am uncomfortable with; yet I forget to praise God for my everyday blessings. I am so quick to point out all of the downs and beg for peace; if I trusted him a little more, I would realize that peace is actually within him. God knows our hearts and our minds; our hurts and triumphs.

Praise him first. Thank him often. Joy will come.

Romans 12:12
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment