Wednesday, April 14, 2010

prayer on paper.

A dear friend of mine and I were talking about writing letters to God, not to really show anyone or to send to anyone, just to sit and write down your praises, worries, and discomfort and "send it" to God. Obviously I write a lot, but I have never put it the way he did, just praying on paper. It is as simple as it sounds and has been very refreshing for me. There is no feeling like you need to impress anyone by praying aloud and using big words to one up the person that prayed before. It is simply to spend a little time with the one who should be our best friend; God.

Thank you friend for being so open and honest throughout our friendship. I admire how strong you are and pray for you daily. You remind me to love the little things in life. Never stop writing. Never stop loving with all your heart. Never stop being you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment