Wednesday, April 7, 2010

delete.

I find it very freeing to know that I have the ability to delete friends, pictures, and comments on facebook. I can pick and choose what I want my life to be perceived as online and I can make changes to anything that is not to my liking. If I take an ugly picture, I can delete it and not a single soul has to see it or if I say something silly, I can take it off and pretend it never happened.

I know that in my life I have said some unkind words and done things that I wish I could take back, however, this is not facebook; there is no refresh button.
As I think about this, it scares me a little, to know that every word I say, is said, I can never take it back and a single word can hurt more than a thousand.
Our thoughts become words and words become actions so, if we change our thoughts to more Godly thoughts, our whole world will be changed.
That is such an amazing reassurance, to know that as christians, God can "delete" our mistakes and give us the second chance. We have the opportunity to start over, no matter what challenges we have faced, our God is so much bigger.

Look at your life and see if there is anything you need God to delete for you, it is an amazing feeling to know that your past can be wiped away no matter how big or small the situations are.
take a little time to think about how powerful that is.


"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more" (Isaiah 43:25).

"It is possible for the Lord to look at us without seeing our sins because when he forgave us, he removed our sins as far as the east is from the west" (Psalm 103:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment