Monday, April 12, 2010

5 minutes about me. Read it. Don’t read it. No big deal.

I grew up in a strong Christian family. I cannot ask for a better family , they get me.

I cannot think of enough ways to thank them for having me grow up in church because without that foundation, my life would be a wreck. God should always be number one.

We moved when I was a sophomore in high school from the town I loved more than anything, away from friends I considered family and from a school I thought I would graduate from. That seriously broke my heart. I would like to say that I made the best of friends and loved it in the new town we moved to, however, I wished to be somewhere else every day. When we moved away from Lamar, I blamed God and was very mad at him. I felt as if he ruined my life by taking me away from the place I knew for so long and put me in the unknown and challenged me each day with new struggles. I lost the ability to trust others and worst of all, I lost my joy. I got so discouraged and truly did not want to live anymore and I let saten have control of my thoughts. I wish I could say that this was so long ago, however, it was only a couple of years ago and the wounds are still healing from the pain I went through the last few years of high school. I started to depend on other people, boyfriends and “bffs”, to get me through the days and to fill my needs, my worldly needs. For so long I fell in and out of love with God. I am tired to that life.



If you read all of that very closely, you will see one word that repeatedly shows up; “I”. That is all my life was about, just me. I didn’t care about anything or anyone else because I thought I was the only one who was ever treated badly in high school and went through some hard times. If God would have been number one in my life, “I” would slowly start to go away and his presence would have been the only thing I needed. My heart would have hurt more for others rather than myself and my worldly wants would not have amounted to such great measures.



My life is changing right now, suddenly I am seeing the beauty in everything and trying to look at the world from a Godly heart. I hope others see this change in me because it is happening quickly and I have the joy God gave me so long ago. God has made me whole again. I can trust again. Hold me accountable to make my life more about you and less about me.



J-Jesus.

O-Others.

Y-Yourself.





That’s what life should be about. Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment