Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bring back the son, please!

Why is it that on the first day of spring we get more snow than we did in winter. We are yearning for some sort of sunlight and warmth in our life and we beg our God to give us the flowers and beautiful trees but instead we get a foot of snow. He definetly has a sense of humor. 

As I sit and think about the weather changes, it reminds me of my own life. I struggle with the thoughts the devil puts in my life; feeling so cold and alone and I realize, God is wanting me to cry out for the "Son". I complain all the time about the temperature or the rain but do I realize that my life is flooding with negative thoughts. To get sunshine you have to embrace the cold, gross times in your life to truly be thankful for all of the good, warm blessing our powerful God gives us.

I went to a bonfire this past week and looking around at this group of young adults singing to God and worshiping together just melted my cold heart, I feel so much love and acceptance with my new group of friends. They don't know a whole lot about me, but i will never be able to thank them enough for the feeling they have given me. I have searched for the "Son" and I believe that I have finally found him and have relationships to hold me accountable to get though the rocky, rainy parts of my messy life.


"If you change the way you think about things; The things you think about will change."

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I just read every single one of your posts. You are an amazing writer. Your thoughts are simply brilliant. (: A lot of your posts have even got me thinking about the deeper parts of my relationship with God. You should definitely think about going into the Youth Ministry. There are a lot of teenagers that NEED to hear this stuff.

    ReplyDelete