Wednesday, May 12, 2010

bottle of water.

There are three bottles of water on my night stand. Wasteful; yes. Blog worthy; no doubt.
Looking at the three bottles, they appear to be the same, I am actually struggling to find significant differences between the three. I can see exactly how much is in them and what it is that is consuming the bottle and as I look a little closer, I now realize that they all have the same amount of water as well.
Even though the brand, liquid, and amount are all the same, one of them is a little colder; which is obviously more refreshing.  Such a small difference, that perhaps over time wouldn't matter as much, however, I am drawn to the bottle of water.
What I am getting to is that we are all kind of like bottles of water on God's night stand. He knows us inside and out and can see how full we really are. For other's it may be impossible to see just one stand out, however, we are drawn to the things that refresh us. If we stay in God's word and are filled with his glory, we will be refeshing and will stand out even in a crowd of similarities.

Jesus Christ will fill your lives with everything that God's approval produces. Your lives will then bring glory and praise to God.
Phillipians1:11

1 comment: